City Recycle Center

Brookfield's Recycle Center Only Accepts Certain Recyclable Materials

Hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:00-7:00 p.m. April - November, and Saturdays 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. all year.

 Place refuse and residential recyclable items that are not accepted at the Recycle Center on your driveway for pick up by the City's solid waste contractor, Advanced Disposal. This reduces City costs (taxes) and saves you time and money by not hauling non-recyclables to the Recycle Center.

Residential items accepted at the Recycling Center

Item Comments Other Recycling Options
Antifreeze Uncontaminated

(City of Brookfield Residents only)
Air Conditioners, Dishwashers, Microwaves, Water Heaters, Stoves, Ovens/Ranges, Dehumidifiers, Water Coolers, Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Freezers
 Or call Advanced Disposal (262-367-6040) for pickup and fee.

Fairly clean, no excess soil or rock. Max. ½ cu. yd. per visit


Motor Oil/
Oil Filters
Uncontaminated by gas/ solvents

Some gas stations accept used motor oil

Metal - Scrap

Remove all nonmetal materials.
Bicycles, lawn mowers, snow throwers (gas & oil must be removed)

Call Advanced Disposal: 262-367-6040 for pickup or
Check Yellow Pages for scrap metal buyers
Yard Waste
Garlic Mustard is not accepted. Place alone in a clear plastic bag and clearly mark it as Garlic Mustard and place with refuse.  Limit of 4 bags per week.
Compost at home.
Cut to six feet or less

Cut to six feet or less


Leave mulched grass clippings on lawn

Mulch leaves on private property
Soil May be sod or contain minimal vegetation. Max. ½ cu. yd. per visit


Fireplace wood ash
Deposit on the grass/leaf pile. No burn pile ashes accepted.

Corrugated Cardboard
Flattened, no larger than 2 ft. x 3 ft.
Cut to max. size of 3 ft. x 4 ft., tie with string & place on top of blue bin

Items not accepted at the Recycling Center

Fees for pickup by city contractor Comments
Ballasts\Lamps, Thermostats
Take to Hazardous Waste site.
Carpeting/ Padding (max 4 ft., 50 lbs)
Fee Varies
Call Advanced Disposal at (262) 367-6040 for pickup.
Computers, Monitors, Printers & Peripherals
Televisions & Other Electronics

Donate to schools or trade-in on new purchase. Several manufacturers and retailers like Best Buy and Goodwill (flat panel only) have accepted these also. Call ahead.

Construction Debris
Asphalt/ Concrete/ Dirt-for quantity over ½ cu. yd.
Fee Varies Call Advanced Disposal at (262) 367-6040 for pickup or rent dumpster for more than 2 cu. yard
Furniture/ Mattresses No fee Place at the curb for pickup on regular day. One unit/week max. 50 pounds)
Lumber (max 4 ft. length)
Doors (cut in half)
Railroad Ties
Wood Fences
Fee Varies
Call Advanced Disposal at (262) 367-6040 for pickup.
Miscellaneous Refuse (Junk) Possible Fee depending on item.
Call Advanced Disposal at (262) 367-6040
Plumbing Fixtures No Fee
Place at the curb for pickup on regular day.
Tires (automobile only)
Fee Varies
Call Advanced Disposal in advance for pickup at 262-367-6040, take tires to Tire Centers, or leave with retailer when you buy new tires.

Do not
leave toys or other valuable items on the driveway that you do not want thrown away. Advanced Disposal will remove all items left within 10 feet of resident's bags or cans on collection day as refuse or recyclables, and will not be responsible for any items discarded in error.

City Ordinance 9.12.030 prohibits disposal of garbage and waste materials on property you do not own, including dumpsters and the side of the road. Violation of this ordinance is subject to citation including significant fines.
Do not dispose of material in commercial dumpsters without owner's consent.

Items Available Free to Residents from the Recycling Center

Wood chips, compost and logs, when available during our normal operating hours, are free to be removed from the Recycle Center by residents of the City.

Vehicles Not Allowed

Dump trucks, trucks larger than a pickup and trailers larger than 8 ft. X 10 ft.

Other Recycling Options

Residents are encouraged to chip and compost their own yard waste. Information on how to begin is available at City Hall or on the Waukesha County Website.